This Instant Pot wild rice soup is loaded with protein and vegetables, and it is so easy to make. It is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for meal prep!
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cup wild rice
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- ½ tsp marjoram, dried
- ¼ tsp rosemary, dried
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Set instant pot to sautee
- Sautee carrots, onion, and celery until fragrant
- Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds
- Add the chicken, wild rice, and spices, stir together
- Add the chicken broth to the instant pot
- Close and lock the instant pot lid
- Set the dial at the top of the instant pot to sealing
- Pressure cook on High for 15 minutes
- Use natural release for 10 minutes, then manually vent
- Shred the chicken breasts, out of or inside the instant pot, your choice
- Serve and enjoy!
You can add mushrooms to this if you like. I would do 1/2 to 1 cup of mushrooms.
I did not add cream to this because I felt the flavors didn’t need to add cream. You are welcome to add cream, but it will change the nutritional values, and you will want to add the cream AFTER pressure cooking. Don’t pressure cook dairy or else it will curdle. Gross.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8