Packed full of nutrients and delicious vegetables, this easy and Cozy instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a healthy go to recipe for the cold fall and winter months!
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can green beans / 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 can corn / 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1 ½ cup potatoes
- 1 can diced tomato 32 oz
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 3 glove garlic minced
- 2 big handfuls chopped kale
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 sprigs rosemary finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- Add vegetable broth, raw vegetables, and seasonings. SAVE the kale, quinoa, and canned vegetables, if using canned and not raw (green beans, corn, and peas).
- Select the Pressure Cook function on your IP.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure by venting the valve. CAUTION: KEEP FACE AWAY FROM VENTING STEAM.
- Unlock and open the lid carefully.
- Add kale, canned vegetables, peas, and quinoa.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 1 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you use canned green beans, corn and frozen peas, you can save these for the second pressure cooking, because these are already cooked and just need to be warmed up. If you put them in too soon they can be over cooked.
Always save kale, quinoa and canned tomatoes (or diced raw tomatoes) for the second pressure cook, these do not need long to cook and will become mushy and over cooked if not put in at the second pressure cook.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American