Summer has many wonderful qualities. The beach, bonfires, warm summer nights listening to the crickets chirping, are some of summer’s best qualities. Then there is summer food and drink. Almost anything goes when it comes to summer dining, especially drinks! I love drinking iced tea during the summer. Over the last few months I have had countless glasses of unsweetened iced tea, it is so refreshing and keeps me cool during these super-hot months. I live in Southern California, so it gets gross when it comes to heat. Unfortunately, I don’t live close enough to the coast to get that nice ocean breeze during the day. So, I have to come up with my own ways to stay cool, and iced tea is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to stay cool. However, as wonderful as I find unsweetened iced tea, it can get boring when you drink so much of it. That’s why I created this Ginger Peach Iced Tea Spritzer.
I find that ginger and peach go great together, and peaches are PERFECT for summer! Of course, I didn’t want to leave it at plain iced tea because I wanted to give my tea some spritz! Ginger-ale and sparkling water are the exact things needed to elevate this Ginger Peach Iced Tea.
This recipe is simple, delicious, and is a perfect summer drink for friendly gatherings!
Steps to make the Ginger Peach Iced Tea Spritzer
Step 1: Peel your ginger, and the cut thick slices of ginger. Use the side of a spoon to easily peel your ginger!
Step 2: Add the ginger slices to the four cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Step 3: Remove pot from heat and add the tea bags. Steep for at least five minutes.
Step 4: Remove tea bags and ginger from tea, discard. Pour tea into a heat safe container and put in refrigerator to cool for at least two hours.
Step 5: After the tea has cooled, pour in one can of ginger-ale, and ½ cup of sparkling water.
Step 6: Add fresh or frozen peaches to drink.
Serve and Enjoy!Print
- 4 cups water
- 12 bags of your favorite peach tea
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 can ginger ale
- 1/2 cup sparking water ( I used non-flavored here, but peach flavored sparking water might be amazing to add to the tea)
- Frozen peaches (optional)
- Cut ginger into thick slices.
- Add ginger to the water in a large sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Once water starts to boil, remove from heat and add the tea bags.
- Steep tea for approximately 5 minutes, or longer if you want a stronger tea flavor.
- Pour tea into a heat safe container, and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Pour in ginger ale and sparkling water.
- Add frozen peaches to keep drink cool.
An easy way to peel ginger is to use the side of a spoon to scrap off the skin. This is a safe and surefire way to peel ginger.
Using frozen peaches instead of ice prevents the iced tea from becoming too watered down, and allows the drink to maintain its peach flavor.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American