Making fresh pasta at home is super easy and you can create all types of fun pasta for your family when you make it at home. All you need is eggs, flour, and some love!
2 cups flour
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolk
1. Mound up your flour like a volcano.
2. Add eggs to the crater of the flour mound.
3. Beat eggs together within the crater of the mound.
4. Begin to bring flour into the beaten egg and mix together.
5. Kneed the egg and flour mixture to form a dough ball.
6. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
7. Roll out pasta dough using a rolling pin or pasta maker.
8. Use a pasta maker, knife, or pasta cutter to cut the shape of your choice.
9. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add a small handful of salt to the water.
10. Add the pasta to the water and cook for approximately 5 minutes. (This time may change depending on the size and type of pasta you have created).
11. Drain cooked pasta and add to sauce of your choice.
*If your dough is too dry, or if flour is not incorporating well add one more egg yolk.
*If dough is too wet, add a tbsp of flour at a time until your flour and egg are incorporated well.
- Category: Dinner - Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian